One of the best ways to preserve the mind-blowing decadence of late-summer peaches in Ontario.
Makes about 2 cups of jelly
- 2 cups peaches, diced (about 8 peaches)
- 1 cup raw or coconut sugar
- 1 tbsp minced fresh ginger
- 1 cup Chardonnay
1. Bring all ingredients to a boil in a pot.
2. Reduce heat to medium-low and let simmer for about 1½ – 2 hours – until thick but still viscous. The jelly will set and firm further as it cools in the fridge.
3. Let cool in the fridge for at least 6 hours – overnight preferred. Serve cold.
- on toast
- stirred into yogurt
- as a salad dressing base
- as a sweet cracker spread
- baked into filo dough or puff pastry
- as a syrup base + carbonated water = home-made fizzy drink