HUMMUS! One of the ultimate plant-based & super healthy satisfying food options there is!
Use it as a dip for chips, crackers, or fresh vegetables.
Thin it down into a delicious, creamy and savoury sauce for pasta or casseroles.
Use it as a thick spread on sandwiches or in wraps.
We make a big batch of hummus weekly so we’ve always got a quick & easy food option that satisfies hunger, keeps you full, and is packed full of a wonderful combination of fats, proteins, and vitamins and minerals.
I’ll be releasing a truly special roasted vegetable hummus recipe in my e-cookbook coming July 12th! Heads up – once you make that version, you may never want to go back to plain ol’ hummus ever again!
Makes about 6 cups of hummus
- 2 cans chickpeas (about 398mL or 15 oz)
- ¼ tsp cumin
- fresh juice from 1 lemon
- 2 tbsp tahini
- ¾ tsp salt, plus more to taste
- ¼ cup water plus more as needed
1. Combine all ingredients except water in a food processor. Blend to combine and break down chickpeas, roughly 60 seconds.
2. Scrape down the sides and add ¼ cup water. Start processing while slowly adding more water, if needed, to desired thickness.
3. Continue blending for a minute or two to break down the chickpeas into a smooth, thick spread.
4. Taste and adjust seasoning as necessary, quickly blending together again if adding more salt to distribute.